Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rockabilly

Cherries and Polka Dots
Well, well, well...look who's back into the sewing world! Yes, I have been long gone for quite a while but slowly emerging back into my old roots! A quick recap on what and where I have been goes something like this: going on my third year in college, I officially have a teenager (my daughter), critiquing clay sculptures (my sons newest hobby), moved to a nice apartment with my kiddos, and now trying to get back into what once kept my sanity in place! Sewing and crafting!


A good friend of mine asked me if I could sew a 50's Pin-Up style apron for a friend of hers that was soon to be married. This of course was a bridal shower gift. I was excited and nervous at the same time because I hadn't sewn in approximately over a year. With the move, I had to search for the fabric and sewing material boxes, which of course I had not unpacked yet (been at the new place for 5 months and still unpacking).

I went in search of a pin-up print fabric and was unsuccessful. There was a few pin-up style fabrics but they were lingerie and bathing suit prints. Definitely not what was asked for. So I went with the next big thing since I was running short on time. Cherries and polka dots was the runner up on a 50's style apron.

Once I found the patterns and sewing materials, I got to work! Oh how I missed cutting, pressing, pinning, threading the sewing machine and pressing on the pedal. The creation was outstanding! Well, at least I would like to think so...

Rockabilly Lynda

Closer look of the skirt.
Needless to say, my friend liked the apron and her friend loved her gift! Yay! Sigh...I am glad my sewing machine and I have been reunited!

No comments: